Transgender swimmer Lia Thomas will not be taking an opportunity away from a female athlete during the 2024 Olympics in Paris.
Thomas, the biological male who won a women’s national championship in 2022 while swimming for Penn, has officially lost a legal battle against World Aquatics in which Thomas argued their ban from competing against females was “invalid and unlawful.”
The 25-year-old was barred from swimming in the female category in the Summer of 2022 when the sport’s governing body prohibited anyone who had undergone “any part of male puberty” from competing against biological females.
World Aquatics welcomed the court’s decision to uphold the rule keeping Thomas out of the pool with females, calling it “a major step forward in our efforts to protect women’s sports.”
“World Aquatics is dedicated to fostering an environment that promotes fairness, respect, and equal opportunities for athletes of all genders and we reaffirm this pledge,” the organization said, according to The Guardian.
It’s worth noting that World Aquatics has not banned transgender athletes from competition. The organization has introduced an “open” category for transgender swimmers. The new category was set for its debut during last year’s Berlin World Cup, but the category did not receive one single entry.

Lia Thomas standing next to OutKick’s Riley Gaines after winning an NCAA title against biological females. (Photo by Rich von Biberstein/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images)
Thomas, who was an average swimmer at best when competing against males, is no longer a member of U.S. Swimming making the court’s ruling against a change in policy to benefit them that much easier.
“The panel concludes that since the Athlete is not entitled to participate in ‘Elite Event’ within the meaning of USA Swimming Policy, let alone to compete in a WA competition, which occurs upon registration with WA prior to a competition or upon setting a performance which leads to a request for registration as WA world record, she is simply not entitled to engage with eligibility to compete in WA competitions,” the court said, per the outlet.
“The policy and the operational requirements are simply not triggered by her current status.”
The U.S. Olympic trials are set to begin on June 15 in Indianapolis and, for the first time ever, will be staged on a football field at Lucas Oil Stadium.
Back in 2022, when ESPN and ABC honored Thomas during Women’s History Month, Thomas sat down with ‘Good Morning America’ and made it clear that the 2024 Olympics were on their mind.
“It’s been a goal of mine to swim in Olympic trials for a very long time and I would love to see that through,” Thomas said.
Thankfully, common sense has prevailed, and women will be awarded the opportunity to compete on the women’s swim team and represent the United States in Paris.
News
😆 MEDIA SHAKE-UP? Elon Musk ‘Plans’ to Buy ABC Just to Cancel ‘The View,’ Calls It the ‘Worst Show in TV History’—Internet Explodes Over Hilarious Rumor! 😆
🚀 Elon Musk Jokes About Buying ABC to Cancel ‘The View’ – Internet Can’t Stop Laughing! A hilarious rumor has…
🚨 MASSIVE SHOWDOWN: Elon Musk Files $70 Million Lawsuit Against Joy Behar and ‘The View’—Legal Battle Over Defamation Could Expose Shocking Secrets and Change the Media Landscape Forever! 🚨
Elon Musk has never been one to back down from a fight. Whether it’s revolutionizing industries, challenging regulators, or sparring with critics on…
🚨 LIVE TV DRAMA: Joy Behar Forced to Backtrack After Accusing Elon Musk of Being ‘Pro-Apartheid’ on ‘The View’—Backlash Erupts as Viewers Demand Accountability! 🚨
“The View” co-host Joy Behar corrected herself on Thursday after claiming that Elon Musk was “pro-apartheid,” conceding that she really had no…
🚨 LIVE TV CHAOS: Joy Behar Stuns ‘The View’ Audience by Calling Elon Musk a “Bastard” – His Unexpected Reaction Leaves the Studio in Shock, Forcing a Public Apology! 🚨
Joy Behar caused controversy during a live episode of The View when she called Elon Musk a “bastard,” visibly shocking both…
🚨 SHOCKING REVELATION: Elon Musk’s Ex-Wife Breaks Her Silence—Claims the Billionaire Has Been Hiding a Dark Secret for Years, Says “It’s Time to Expose the Man Behind the Mask!” 🚨
In a shocking turn of events, one of Elon Musk’s ex-wives has come forward with a bold statement, claiming it’s…
🚨 SHOCKING POWER MOVE: Elon Musk Stuns Media World by Acquiring ‘The V!ew’ for $900 Million – Vows to Shut Down the Controversial Show and End Its “Toxic Influence” Forever! 🚨
Elon Musk announced that he has acquired The V*ews for $900 million to put an end to the toxic program…
End of content
No more pages to load